“Our Muslim consumers have expressed their desire to see family sized portions of our Halal Certified meals, and we’re happy to provide this new meal option the whole family can enjoy,” said Saffron Road Chief Executive Officer Adnan Durrani.
Consumers can find the new item now at select Costco stores in the freezer aisle for the suggested retail price of $10.99 each.
All Saffron Road products are Halal Certified by the Islamic Food and NutritionCouncil of America. Halal is an Islamic tradition that has healthfully fed literally billons of people over the last 1,400 years. Halal promotes the sacred tradition of respect for the land, fair treatment for farmers, humane treatment of livestock and clean, healthy food to eat.
Saffron Road’s All Natural Certified Halal entree uses chicken that is Certified Humane by Humane Farm Animal Care. All of Saffron Road’s livestock are fed 100 percent vegetarian feed and are never given Antibiotics or Hormones.
“We are excited to now have our brand in Costco stores,” said Saffron Road Executive Vice President Jack Acree. “We know that a lot of our consumers seeking Halal options are shopping at Costco stores already, and are often looking for authentic meal options for the entire family.”
Leave a Reply
Scholars, Experts, Consultants, Specialists, Nutritionalist and Environmental Health Officer. » read more
- UK: Halal meat removed from Luton school menus
- UK: Leicester schools halal lamb burger contained pork
- Saudi to host biggest food, hotel and hospitality event
- Going high-tech to keep the world’s Muslims halal
- UK: Halal meat withdrawn from schools
- The Changing World of Food Traceability
- Pakistan: Halal market has $1.3tr export potential
- Australia: Claims of supplying non Halal chicken denied
- Pak-Brazil two-way trade needs to be expanded
- Brunei Darussalam: A new era for farming and food production