A small family run business has become the first to provide HMC certified free-range chicken and organic goats. ZUSS Halal based in Latchingdon, Essex, rear their own chickens and goats on their farm.
Imran Khan from ZUSS Halal said; “Batches of free range chickens are reared and fed GM-free feed from days old to slaughter at between 14 – 16 weeks, almost double the time than commercial battery reared birds.”
Mrs Saima Khan added; “The birds are allowed outside typically from as early as 4 weeks for up to 8 hours a day, have access to open air runs covered in vegetation with evenly distributed sufficient shelter and drinking troughs.”
Once grown and ready, ZUSS Halal transport the birds to a HMC certified abattoir for slaughter under HMC supervision. The products are then packaged and ready to sell.
Shaykh Yunus, HMC Chairman said; “We are delighted with this new development as this is the ideal we as Muslims should be aiming for. We are grateful to ZUSS Halal for their personal zeal and efforts in creating this opportunity for the Muslim community to purchase free range, organic chickens and goats”.
Scholars, Experts, Consultants, Specialists, Nutritionalist and Environmental Health Officer. » read more
- UK: Top Vet attempts to distort the Facts on traditional slaughter methods
- UK: ‘EXPOSED’ under handed tactics at play in the halal meat industry.
- UAE: Dubai Industrial City Launches Halal Cluster
- UK: The young Muslim entrepreneur who is hungry for success
- Halal pharmacies: the next big thing?
- UAE: Middle East’s Biggest Food Exhibition Gulfood 2014 Opens
- ‘Halal hotels’ lure Turks, not Arabs
- Pakistan: LCCI Halal food export moot on Sept 9
- UK: Birmingham Academic Reveals The Future Of Diversity
- EU: Opinion: Shechita Controversy In Poland Has Wider Implications