Dubai: The Department of Nutrition at the Dubai Health Authority (DHA) launched a campaign on Sunday to raise awareness about the importance of a balanced diet during Ramadan.
Titled ‘A balanced and healthy diet for Ramadan,’ the campaign focuses on healthy food choices for the fasting period.
Dr Ali Syed, director of pharmaceutical services, DHA, said, “It is important to raise awareness about maintaining a healthy diet, especially when one is fasting to ensure that the body gets all the essential nutrition to remain healthy.”
He added that the emphasis on a healthy diet is even more important for people with medical conditions. “A balanced diet is important for people with diabetes and other diseases who are fasting. During the Holy Month of Ramadan, what we eat, in terms of quality and the quantity of food, is vital for it helps us sustain ourselves through the long hours of fasting.”
Wafa Ayesh, director of clinical nutrition, DHA, said that the campaign focuses on providing advice and guidance on the importance of a balanced diet and what constitutes a healthy diet. She said the campaign includes free health tests to check blood sugar levels and Body Mass Index.
Leave a Reply
Scholars, Experts, Consultants, Specialists, Nutritionalist and Environmental Health Officer. » read more
- UK: Halal meat removed from Luton school menus
- UK: Leicester schools halal lamb burger contained pork
- Saudi to host biggest food, hotel and hospitality event
- Going high-tech to keep the world’s Muslims halal
- UK: Halal meat withdrawn from schools
- The Changing World of Food Traceability
- Pakistan: Halal market has $1.3tr export potential
- Australia: Claims of supplying non Halal chicken denied
- Pak-Brazil two-way trade needs to be expanded
- Brunei Darussalam: A new era for farming and food production