By Anwer Sumra
Justice (retired) Khalilur Rehman Khan has been appointed chairman of the cell, an official said.
Justice (retired) Khalilur Rehman Khan has been appointed chairman of the cell, an official said. The cell will be part of the Livestock Department and help local companies comply with food safety, health and hygiene compliance requirements for access to domestic and international markets.
According to the terms of reference, the cell management will interact with local and international religious scholars for development of a Halal compliance regime and develop a regulatory framework. The cell was established on the recommendations of a committee headed by Senior Advisor to the Chief Minister Sirdar Zulfiqar Khan Khosa.
Published In The Express Tribune, June 24th, 2012.
Leave a Reply
Scholars, Experts, Consultants, Specialists, Nutritionalist and Environmental Health Officer. » read more
- UK: Halal meat removed from Luton school menus
- UK: Leicester schools halal lamb burger contained pork
- Saudi to host biggest food, hotel and hospitality event
- Going high-tech to keep the world’s Muslims halal
- UK: Halal meat withdrawn from schools
- The Changing World of Food Traceability
- Pakistan: Halal market has $1.3tr export potential
- Australia: Claims of supplying non Halal chicken denied
- Pak-Brazil two-way trade needs to be expanded
- Brunei Darussalam: A new era for farming and food production