By CINDY MCNATT
Here’s the thing about products you put on your hair and skin – they are absorbed into your bloodstream, inhaled in aerosols and can even transfer on doorknobs. Increasingly consumers are becoming more aware of what’s going into their bodies including the lotions, potions and pretties we apply on the surface.
* Low Spanish, Japan sales weigh on French foie gras exports
* Halal output growing to meet rising Middle East, EU demand
* Foie gras price to rise again in 2012 due to dearer grains
Compatibility between the World Organisation for Animal Health and Islamic Law to the prevention of cruelty to animals during transport and slaughter
Foreword by the Director General
The purpose of this paper is to draw attention to requirements of Islamic law that relate to the humane handling of animals, including at transport and slaughter. By encouraging dialogue between veterinary services and religious authorities, the OIE aims to raise awareness of the importance of animal welfare and to reduce animal suffering globally.
BMI believes that drugmakers will increasingly need to consider new strategies for pharmaceutical packaging and marketing to capitalise on growth in the emerging markets, especially given that more drugs are bought over-the-counter (OTC) than in traditional markets.
By Maurice Picow
Good news! McDonald’s burgers sold in Israel don’t contain pink slime, and never did.
Pink slime, a beef filler ingredient made from from slaughter house beef trimmings is freaking out consumers worldwide.
Global Gelatin Market to Reach 395.84 Thousand Metric Tons by 2017, According to New Report by Global Industry Analysts, Inc.
GIA announces the release of a comprehensive global report on Gelatin market. Worldwide Gelatin consumption is forecast to reach 395.84 thousand metric tons by the year 2017, fuelled by aging population, focus on healthcare and increasing demand from end-use industries such as food & beverage, nutraceuticals and pharmaceuticals.
A diet high in red meat can shorten life expectancy, according to researchers at Harvard Medical School.
A personal care products firm, founded by a former director at Scholl footwear and Durex condoms giant SSL International, remains on the takeover trail after after acquiring two beauty brands for £500,000.
By Alistair Driver
SALMONELLA infection in humans is continuing to fall across the EU, although incidence of Campylobacter infection is on the rise, according to new figures released today.
By Maha El Dahan
(Reuters) – Muslims in the Middle East will soon be able to sweeten their coffee and cakes with halal sugar guaranteed to be free from burnt animal bone powder.
DUBAI // Shoppers will be able to buy organic halal meat in supermarkets within three months.
KUALA LUMPUR (Feb 29, 2012): Only gelatin powder imported from China and Pakistan were issued with the Malaysian Islamic Development Department’s (Jakim) halal certificate.
Scholars, Experts, Consultants, Specialists, Nutritionalists and Environmental Health Officers. » read more
- 10 toxic cosmetic ingredients
- EU: French foie gras exports hit by Spain demand drop
- Compatibility between the World Organisation for Animal Health and Islamic Law to the prevention of cruelty to animals during transport and slaughter
- Emerging Markets Driving Innovative Pharmaceutical Packaging And Marketing Strategies
- Pink Slime A Non-Issue for Kosher McDonald’s
- Global Gelatin Market to Reach 395.84 Thousand Metric Tons by 2017, According to New Report by Global Industry Analysts, Inc.
- Red meat increases death, cancer and heart risk, says study
- UK: Brand Cloud remains on takeover trail
- EU: Salmonella down, Campylobacter up
- Burnt bone-free ‘halal sugar’ heads to Middle East
- UAE: Organic halal meat to hit shelves
- Only gelatin powder from China, Pakistan has Jakim’s halal cert
- April 2014 (3)
- March 2014 (3)
- February 2014 (2)
- August 2013 (1)
- May 2013 (4)
- April 2013 (8)
- March 2013 (11)
- February 2013 (12)
- January 2013 (6)
- December 2012 (2)
- November 2012 (3)
- October 2012 (1)
- September 2012 (6)
- August 2012 (9)
- July 2012 (7)
- June 2012 (9)
- May 2012 (11)
- April 2012 (19)
- March 2012 (12)
- February 2012 (19)
- January 2012 (18)
- December 2011 (24)
- November 2011 (15)
- October 2011 (17)
- September 2011 (4)
- August 2011 (16)
- July 2011 (52)
- June 2011 (52)
- May 2011 (46)
- April 2011 (59)
- March 2011 (59)
- February 2011 (40)
- January 2011 (9)
- December 2010 (4)
- November 2010 (5)
- October 2010 (5)
- September 2010 (6)
- August 2010 (14)