A recent study has found that the dementia patients could be helped in recovery by providing healthy meals. The study was conducted by the researchers of the University of California, San Francisco.
- by Madeleine Brindley, Western Mail
DUBAI // Ali Abutalib says Ramadan is his “healthiest” month of the year.
Labelling on food deters only a minority of people from the more fattening choices on the menu, research finds
GENEVA: Around one third of the global population, or 2 billion people, have been infected with the liver disease hepatitis which kills about a million victims annually, the World Health Organization said on Tuesday.
Mothers should wean their babies on home-cooked food, rather than ready-prepared meals, according to one leading nutritionist.
» read more
by Dave Smith, expert patient trainer, Hafal
By ARSHAD MAJID
Indians have been using numerous herbs and spices for thousands of years. It was not all about taste, but it was the research of the scholars of holistic medicine that developed the Indian recipes. I am not going to write about the growing popularity of Indian/Pakistani dishes here as that is not the topic; but it always makes me feel kind of proud when I see, any new research mentioning the immense medicinal value of one of the spice used in Indian/Pakistani curry. Curry is popular in other parts of the world as well but the number of spices used in South East Asia is incomparable. Our kitchens literally look like a holistic medicine pharmacy.
By Rory Harrington
A large number of substances used in non-plastic food contact materials have never been evaluated, said a European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) working group tasked with developing a regulatory framework on the issue.
Teenage girls face a lifetime of poor health because they are not eating enough fruit and vegetables, experts have warned.
By Tony Bassett
More than 130 people have fallen ill with salmonella poisoning linked to contaminated eggs imported from Spain.
The Food Standards Agency is advising pregnant women not to eat clay, sometimes known as ‘sikor’ or ‘shikor mati’, because it may contain high levels of toxic chemicals that could harm their babies.
By Kathleen Lucadamo,
Health Commissioner Dr. Thomas Farley is advocating for a nationwide database for food salt content.
11/7/11 Press Release
Chapel Hill, NC, July 11, 2011 –(PR.com)– Source-Omega announced today it has teamed up with online Halal consumer organization Behalal.org. As sponsor of the behalal.org good health mission, Pure One™ omega-3 microalgae oil will be featured on the organization’s website.
Scholars, Experts, Consultants, Specialists and Environmental Health Offices ready to help you. » read more
- US Study: Health Food Essential for Dementia Patients
- UK: Shaking out salt could save millions
- UAE: Diabetics told of healthy way to fast in Ramadan
- UK: Fast-food study(US) finds calories count for little for most customers
- One third of world infected with hepatitis
- Wean babies ‘on home-cooked food’
- Why a healthy body can lead to a healthy mind
- Turmeric – A Curry Spice with Magical Curative Properties
- EU: EFSA experts publish review on non-plastic food contact materials
- UK: Only one in 13 teenage girls eats enough fruit and veg
- Health warning on Spanish eggs after they are blamed for 136 cases of salmonella in UK
- Healthy diet starts with baby food
- UK: FSA issues warning about eating clay
- US: Health Commish takes war on salt nationwide calling for nutrition database
- Pure One™ Sponsors Halal Omega-3 Campaign
- April 2014 (1)
- January 2013 (2)
- December 2012 (1)
- November 2012 (2)
- October 2012 (8)
- September 2012 (10)
- August 2012 (11)
- July 2012 (9)
- June 2012 (14)
- May 2012 (5)
- April 2012 (11)
- March 2012 (11)
- February 2012 (11)
- January 2012 (10)
- December 2011 (4)
- November 2011 (8)
- October 2011 (4)
- September 2011 (3)
- August 2011 (11)
- July 2011 (23)
- June 2011 (19)
- May 2011 (32)
- April 2011 (32)
- March 2011 (33)
- February 2011 (16)
- January 2011 (3)
- November 2010 (2)
- September 2010 (1)
- August 2010 (5)